EnPLAF For Podiatry Conditions
EnPLAF therapies are highly useful as an adjuvant therapy during corrective surgery for several Podiatry problems including:
- Bunion a common, inherited, progressive problem of the great toe joint where the first metatarsal bone spreads outward and the big toe moves inward causing the joint to become deformed, weak and enlarged.
- Hammertoe a dislocation of the joint of any one of the toes.
- Heel spurs a pointed bony outgrowth of the bone of the heel.
- Flat feet a condition where the arches on the inside of the feet are flattened, allowing the entire soles of the feet to touch the floor when you stand up.
- Neuroma a painful condition, it is a benign growth of nerve tissue frequently found between the third and fourth toes.
- Tarsal tunnel a narrow passageway bound by bone and soft tissue that lies on the inside of the ankle. Tarsal tunnel syndrome is a rare disorder caused by damage to the tibial nerve or its branches, usually due to compression as it passes through the tarsal tunnel (entrapment neuropathy).
Other Podiatry problems that can benefit from EnPLAF therapies include:
Achilles Tendonitis an inflammation with pain on motion in the back of the heel where the Tendo Achilles inserts. The pain starts with the morning’s first steps and then gets worse with increased activity. It can present as bursitis, bone bruises as well as partial or complete tears of the tendon.
Plantar fasciitis a localized swelling, irritation, and/or bursitis of the thickened fibrous bands supporting the bottom of one’s foot. While there is pain in the heel and arch areas upon rising out of bed in the morning, the pain reduces in intensity as day progresses.
Conventional therapy for both these diseases includes reduced activity and the use of higher heeled shoes as well as anti-inflammatory oral medications and topicals. While these options provide temporary relief, they lack long-term effectiveness. EnPLAF therapies are effective for such podiatry problems and patients improve to the point of having minimal to no pain following the EnPLAF therapy. Thus EnPLAF helps in decreasing pain, improving function, increasing activity and decreasing recovery time.